'Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it.' -Steve Jobs
The pandemic certainly changed things for those previously working in offices to working from home. This change has brought about a difference in the essentials needed for working between home and the office. Employees have had to learn to work as efficiently as possible. And this includes the latest technology and other tools like purses and totes. For instance, women working from home will need a special handbag that will help ensure they have everything they need at all times for all working occasions.
Since lockdown and quarantine became enforced in many countries, around 88% of organizations have asked their employees to work from home. There is also a new statistic stating that approximately 74% of companies plan to have employees work at home and continue working from home even after Covid-19 ends and life goes back to normal.
To ensure that you are as efficient as you can be and have everything you need while working from home, we have researched and made a list of things you should have that will fit in your handbag:
- A journal, like a small notebook, is an essential component to keep in any purse, and not just for working from home in specific. It is a necessary thing to keep because million-dollar ideas strike at the most random times, and you might need to remember essential stuff during meetings, which otherwise you might not recall unless you put it down on paper. A small journal is lightweight to carry and will always come in handy, and you will thank yourself for keeping one near you at all times. Pens are a pretty obvious thing to stay with you while working from home, in your handbag, for various things such as taking down notes during meetings, jotting down reminders, etc. Keep a pen that writes smoothly and has a long ink cartridge that doesn't run out quickly.
- A laptop is another, if not the most, essential thing for working from home. They are the ideal device that will help you stay in frequent contact with your boss and coworkers by having meetings online and completing your work.
- A USB drive is also necessary when working from home because you need to have a way to save crucial files on at all times. Whether its images or audio files, a USB with spacious memory will help you store all that information in one secure place, USBs are usually smaller than your finger so will easily fit in a bag. They can be plugged in any other device to share or display the data stored in it.
- Noise-cancelling headphones are a must-have when it comes to working from home as it will help you block the noises at home and allow you to listen to meetings and conversations with co-workers. Headphones also have a built-in microphone, most of the time, which is also vital for conversing with your colleagues when working from home.
- Since everything we use usually runs on batteries, keep an extra charger and a portable battery pack handy. Since they are compact, they will fit fine in your bag.
Another great tip - stay organized! First, you need to keep your desk or work station at home organized and keep minimal stuff on it. It might not seem like a productive thing to do, but an organized working space helps your mind focus. Always get up and get ready for work like you usually do when working outside the home. This helps you focus quicker and sets the mood for a productive day. You also need to separate your working space from your personal space, to find that balance between your work and private life.
If you like information like this, you will love “Living the Custom Life” newsletter to help us all kick ass at whatever we do. It’s free, monthly, and you can subscribe here.